Tuesday 31 March 2009

Too much to do

Concerned at how I'm beginning to struggle to get things done, with a little too much falling by wayside I recently had a chat with a friend of mine who's into the whole personal development time management side of things. Turns out I'm just trying to do too much. So it's less my inability to manage time effectively and more that I just don't have enough of it, or more accurately that I'm trying to do too much with it.

With spring now here I think the first thing I'm going to do is make sure that I take more time out to really do nothing, or at least relax and read.

The whole sabbath thing is probably the key to this. I haven't been observing it particularly carefully. Ok I haven't been observing it at all. I subscribe to the idea that the day isn't all that important. What matters is there's a day, a whole day that's devoted to resting, to spiritual matters, to God.

That I haven't been sticking to this eminently sensible idea is daft and I'm really beginning to feel it now. So as of this week, Sunday (for that is the day that fits best in my week) will be that little bit more special. Let's see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment