Monday 24 December 2012

Why does Google hate email folders?

I get a lot of email and its the primary way I do a lot of business communication. I use folders in my attempts to organise it all and keep my in box clear. It should be noted I usually fail.

I use my nexus 7 a lot. It's great to have something small enough to fit in my coat pocket (just) but large enough to work with effectively.

I just wish android's email client did folders. Nested folders to be precise. My lovely, and not terribly complex folder tree is always displayed flat. Because I often have sub folders called "filed" this makes quickly filing emails impossible.

I can do what I want effortlessly with ios so often reach for my iphone to file an email.

This is stupid. It's one of the things I disliked about Android when it was first released and partly why I rejected my android phone in favour of an iphone.

To still have the same frustration a few years later, despite all the bells and whistles added to jelly bean, is truly frustrating.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm it's marginally better at handling folders but still displays them really badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a good way forward. Inomail displays nested folders properly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a good way forward. Inomail displays nested folders properly

    ReplyDelete